How to Play Texas Hold’emCasino Hold´em is played with one standard deck of fifty two cards (Jokers not included). The individual cards are ranked in descending order as: Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.
- Each player places a bet in the box marked “Ante” and an optional side bet (bonus) in a box marked “Bonus”.
- The dealer then deals two cards (face down) to each player and two to himself. In addition three community cards are dealt face up in the middle of the table. The first three of five community cards are called the “Flop”.
- Each player then has to decide whether to continue by placing a further bet, which must be double the “Ante” in a box marked “Call”, or to “Fold” (i.e. to pass and lose the “Ante” and “Bonus” bets).
- The dealer will now deal the last two community cards face up, and expose his/her two cards.
- Each hand (the dealer’s and each of the players) shall be scored according to the best five-card stud poker hand that can be composed out of the five community cards and together with the two personal cards.
- The dealer must have a pair of 4s or better to Qualify.
- If the dealer does not Qualify; The “Ante” is paid according to the Ante winning pay table with a push on the “Call” bet.
- If the dealer Qualifies; the dealer will compare his best hand against the player’s best hand.
- If the dealer and the player have exactly the same hand the bet is a “Push”, it does not win or lose.
- If the dealer beats the player then the player will lose both “Ante” and “Call” bets.
- If the player beats the dealer then the “Ante” is paid according to the Ante winning pay table and the “Call” is paid 1 to 1
There are many Poker variations with one common Poker hand ranking:
Five consecutive and suited cards from 10 to Ace.
Five consecutive and suited cards.
|Four of a Kind
Four cards of the same rank, plus any fifth card.
Three of a Kind and a pair.
Any five cards of the same suit, except for a higher ranking Straight Flush.
Five consecutive cards, except for a higher ranking Straight Flush.
|Three of a Kind
Three cards of the same rank, plus any other two cards.
Two pairs, plus any fifth card.
A pair and any other three cards.
|Royal Flush||100 to 1||2,000,000|
|Straight Flush||20 to 1||200,000|
|Four of a Kind||10 to 1||40,000|
|Full House||3 to 1||20,000|
|Flush||2 to 1|
|All Other||1 to 1|
Bonus only plays if player uses one or more of their own cards
In all Poker games offered at New Africa Casino, a single 52-card deck is used. All cards count as its Poker value. Aces may be high or low.