How to Play 3 Card Poker
3 Card Poker is two games in one. A seat at the 3 Card Poker table offers two separate games to play. The two games are '3 Card Ante/Play', where you compete against the dealer, and 'Pair Plus' that has different bonus payouts for 3 Card Poker hands of one pair or better. When both games are played at the same time, players may wager different amounts on each game.
The game is played with a standard 52 card deck.
- Player makes an Ante and/or Pair Plus bet.
- The dealer gives each player three cards and himself three cards. The player may examine his own cards. The – dealer's cards are dealt face down.
- If the player made the Ante bet, then he must either fold or raise.
- If the player folds, then he forfeits his Ante wager.
- If the player raises, then he must make an additional Play bet, equal exactly to his Ante bet. The dealer will turn over his cards.
- The dealer needs a Queen High or better to qualify.
- If the dealer does not qualify then the player will win even money on the Ante bet and the Play bet will push.
- If the dealer qualifies, then the player's hand will be compared to the dealer's hand, the higher hand wins. The order of poker hands is indicated opposite.
- If the player has the higher poker hand then the Ante and Play will both pay even money.
- If the dealer has the higher poker hand then the Ante and Play will both lose.
- If the player and dealer tie, then the Ante and Play bets will push.
- If the player made the Ante bet and has a straight or higher then the player will receive an Ante Bonus, regardless of the value of the dealer's hand.
- The Pair Plus bet will pay entirely based on the poker value of the player's hand.
3 Card Poker Hand Rankings
- Straight Flush
- Three of a Kind
- High Card
|Play must EQUAL Ante|
|Dealer plays with QUEEN HIGH or better|
|When Dealer does NOT play
Play . . . PUSH • Ante . . . 1 to 1
|When Dealer PLAYS
Play . . . 1 to 1 • Ante . . . 1 to 1
Pair Plus Pays
|Pair||1 to 1|
|Flush||4 to 1|
|Straight||6 to 1|
|Three of a Kind||30 to 1|
|Straight Flush||40 to 1|
Ante Bonus Pays
|Straight||1 to 1|
|Three of a Kind||4 to 1|
|Straight Flush||5 to 1|